Bitter – Bitter flavors are often associated with a dry and puckering sensation in the mouth, and can be described as sharp, acrid, or astringent.
Examples of bitter herbs are:
- Gentian root: is a very bitter herb which is often used as a digestive aid to stimulate the appetite and improve digestion.
- Dandelion root: is a bitter herb that is often used to improve liver and gallbladder function and is considered to be a gentle laxative.
- Goldenseal: is a bitter herb that is often used as an antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory herb.
- Wormwood: is bitter herb that is traditionally used to support the digestion and liver function.
- Black cohosh root: is a bitter herb that is traditionally used for women’s health, particularly for menopause symptoms.
- Sort by Default Order