Herbs can help with anxiety in a variety of ways. Some herbs have a calming effect on the nervous system and can help reduce feelings of stress and anxiety. Other herbs have been shown to have a positive impact on mood and can help to improve overall mental well-being.
Some examples of herbs that may be helpful for anxiety include:
- Passionflower: This herb has been traditionally used to help with anxiety, nervousness and insomnia. It can work by increasing levels of a neurotransmitter called GABA, which helps to promote a feeling of calm.
- Lemon Balm: This herb has been shown to help reduce anxiety and improve mood.
- Valerian: This herb is commonly used as a natural sleep aid and can also help to reduce anxiety.
- Kava: This herb has been traditionally used in the Pacific Islands to help with anxiety, stress and insomnia.
- Ashwagandha : This herb is known to reduce stress, anxiety and mild depression
It’s important to note that it’s best to talk to a healthcare professional before taking any herbs, especially if you are taking other medications. Some herbs may interact with medications or have other side effects.
- Sort by Default Order