“Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age and beyond color… straight to the mind and heart of all people.” – Ben Harper
I really think that Ben Harper nailed it with that quote. Music can provide a feeling that is hard to match. It can have a euphoric effect on its listeners, it can spark nostalgia, and it can relieve the stress and anxiety that we all face at one time or another. Music can make you fall in love and heal broken hearts. It is a powerful drug.
Herbs provide a lot of the same feelings as music. Herbal teas can calm us down and lift us up. If you’re struggling with anxiety, tension or stress, having a Virginian Skullcap herbal tea can really help to soothe the nerves. Black Cohosh is an excellent herbal tea to have when struggling with PMS symptoms. I match Black Cohosh with my favorite playlist and relax after a day at the office when I’m on my cycle.
Maybe that’s why music and marijuana go hand-in-hand? Just another herb to add to the mix.
Listen to my curated list of songs that are perfect to listen while you grind up those herbs, turn some into tea and others in to a joint. No judgement here. All plant medicine is welcome in Herb Deco’s house.
1. “Easy On Me” – Adele
2. “Keep Lying” – Donna Missal
4. “Hurt People” – Two Feet w/ Madison Love
5. “Hotel Room” – Blake Rose
6. “Serotonin” – girl in red
7. “13” – Allan Rayman
8. “Falling Asleep At The Wheel” – Holly Humberstone
9. “Love Myself” – Olivia O’Brien
10. “Bad At Love” – Halsey
11. “traitor” – Olivia Rodrigo
12. “Sign of the Times” – Harry Style
13. “There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back” – Shawn Mendes
14. “Love Me More” – Sam Smith
15. “Stubborn Love” – The Lumineers
We would love to hear what you listen to while smoking, drinking or tincturing your favorite herbal medicines!